Viewer Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Tests and Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori):

Helicobacter Pylori - Tests and Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?

Comment from: hpyloripositivecop, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 06

On 07/30/10, I started with a very bad sinus type of headache. After that came the nausea and the dizzy (I'm going to pass out) feeling. I was hospitalized and vomited about 10 times. I was told it was due to dehydration and sun exposure. I had mentioned that my upper abdomen had been hurting for about 2 months non-stop. On 08/04/10, the pain and the bloating was unbearable. I saw my doctor who said I had gastritis and give me meds for that and blood tests were done. The next day I received a phone call saying I had H. Pylori. I work in law enforcement and believe dealing with people with poor hygiene (drug users/transients) and not having soap and water readily available may have been the contributors to my diagnosis.

Comment from: Sharoonie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

Several years ago, I had bad pain under my ribs that only occurred in the middle of the night. I was a chocolate and peppermint freak also. After many tests, it was determined I had the H-Pylori, and I took all the meds recommended with no relief. I got on the Internet to read about H-Pylori and what others had tried. First, I cut out the chocolate and peppermint after dinner. That seemed to help some. I then read that someone would massage the stomach area right under the ribs when the pain was unbearable. It worked! I still have the bad pain occasionally but only in the middle of the night. If I force myself to wake up, stand up, and massage under the ribs, it goes away... every time! I hope this will help someone who hasn't tried this remedy. It was like a miracle, because it had gone on for several years.

Related Reading: peppermint

Must Read Articles Related to Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori)

Dysphagia
Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems) Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) has many causes. Dysphagia can be caused by diseases of the brain, diseases or conditions that affect muscle function, disease...learn more >>
Gastritis
Gastritis Gastritis is an irritation or inflammation of the lining of the stomach caused by a variety of things such as medications, supplements, medical and surgical con...learn more >>
Indigestion
Indigestion Indigestion (dyspepsia, non-acid dyspepsia) is a description for a feeling of fullness and/or discomfort in the upper abdomen. Symptoms of indigestion can inclu...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori):

Helicobacter Pylori - Treatment

What was the treatment for you Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)?

Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your helicobacter pylori?