Viewer Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori):

Helicobacter Pylori - Treatment

What was the treatment for you Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)?

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

I had a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy as I was experiencing a burning pain on the right side of my lower abdomen. I have suffered for years from IBS but the pain was increasing. The doc said I have a hiatal hernia and the Helicobacter Pylori infection. He has put me on to 2 antibiotics.

Comment from: Seda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I was feeling sick after eating something and had bloating problem I was feeling that I am about to burst for couple of months. First the doctor prescribed me something for fungal infection. But it was not. Then last week when I see different doctor with the same problems she said we have to do stool test and finally I know that I have h. Pylori. I have 2 antibiotics to take for a week. I hope that will work. Otherwise they need to do further tests and endoscopy I had required.

Comment from: robert f, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 08

I was diagnosed thru an endoscopy January. I tried to anti-biotic therapies for two weeks, and that almost worked but not fully.

Comment from: sick & tired of this, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

I have been treated now five rounds of antibiotics for H. pylori and also gone for the scope. I was told I have a larger, looser opening that collects bacteria due to high acid environment. My next step is to do the breath test to see if my last treatment was successful or not. My health store suggested Manuka Honey made in New Zealand. It tastes great but needs to be taken on toast so it stays in the stomach longer to kill the bacteria. I was told at least two months straight it would work but, felt a difference right away. Good luck!

Comment from: wendy uk ., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 26

I have for the last three months been suffering from acid and the feeling of something stuck in my throat went. I went to see my doctor who in the first instance prescribed me with omopresole. I took one a day for a month and felt not better so I returned to my doctor who told me to increase the dose and arranged for me to have a breath test. A week later the results came back and I was informed of the helicobacter pyloro been present, I was therefore put on two types of antibiotics one been amoxicillin, and also clarithromycin, and omopresole. I have started the treatment today and I hope it will indeed sort this problem out. I will advise of my progress once I have finished the course of treatment.

Must Read Articles Related to Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori)

Dysphagia
Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems) Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) has many causes. Dysphagia can be caused by diseases of the brain, diseases or conditions that affect muscle function, disease...learn more >>
Gastritis
Gastritis Gastritis is an irritation or inflammation of the lining of the stomach caused by a variety of things such as medications, supplements, medical and surgical con...learn more >>
Indigestion
Indigestion Indigestion (dyspepsia, non-acid dyspepsia) is a description for a feeling of fullness and/or discomfort in the upper abdomen. Symptoms of indigestion can inclu...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori):

Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your helicobacter pylori?

Helicobacter Pylori - Tests and Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?