Viewer Comments: Hematoma - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hematoma:

Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hematoma?

Comment from: Izzybit, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

I had back fusion surgery on three levels in my lower back 46 days ago. I was released after spending four days in the hospital with a very large hematoma the size of a large melon on my side, at the entry site for the surgery. I was told this would dissipate in about six weeks internally by itself. Because I have had to wear a back brace, and will continue to wear this brace for at least six more weeks, the incision was not able to heal. I had to have home nurse care as the hematoma slowly bled out as it was forced to be pressed down into my body. At this time the hematoma has gone down to the size of an apple and the incisions have healed. So now I hope that the rest of this mass does continue to dissipate as it was supposed to do from the beginning. And I am also past the six week time frame that I was given that it would take to dissipate.

Comment from: Christian, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I am on warfarin and was having acupuncture for restless legs syndrome. My INR (international normalization ratio) went up and I had a bleed forming a hematoma in my left leg. This was at the site where they always put the needles. I also have a lump on top of my skull where they put the needles and for the last several weeks I have been having a lot of neck pain.

Comment from: cootiebug, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I had a stimulator put in my back and took it easy (well pretty much) for a month. One night I was having trouble falling asleep so I was doing a lot of tossing and turning in bed and got up to get a drink and when I laid back down I felt a large bulge in my back. Went to the ER and was in lots of pain, they said it was a friction hematoma and that it would most likely be absorbed back into my body and to see my surgeon the next day. (I didn't.)

Must Read Articles Related to Hematoma

Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Broken Nose
Broken Nose A broken nose (nasal fracture) is any crack or fracture in the bony portion of the nose. Causes of a broken nose include fights, sports injuries, motor vehicle ...learn more >>
Broken Toe
Broken Toe The toe has many bones and one or more of the bones can be broken (fractured) after a foot or toe injury. Causes of a broken toe are generally from injury or tr...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hematoma:

Hematoma - Treatment

Did you need treatment for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Types

What type of hematoma did you have?

Hematoma - Self-Care

Did you use self-care to treat a minor hematoma?

Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain hematoma?

Hematoma - Medical Care

How did you know it was time to seek care for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Causes

What caused your hematoma?

Hematoma - Treatment

What was the treatment for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Experience

Please describe your experience with hematoma.