Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Patients with hemochromatosis need routine follow-up with their treating physicians. Blood draws to monitor iron, ferritin, and transferrin saturation are typically done every few months in those undergoing phlebotomy. Hemochromatosis-related diseases require regular follow-up depending on their severity, as recommended by the treating doctor.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/20/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?