Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Patients with hemochromatosis need routine follow-up with their treating physicians. Blood draws to monitor iron, ferritin, and transferrin saturation are typically done every few months in those undergoing phlebotomy. Hemochromatosis-related diseases require regular follow-up depending on their severity, as recommended by the treating doctor.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/20/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu