Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Patients with hemochromatosis need routine follow-up with their treating physicians. Blood draws to monitor iron, ferritin, and transferrin saturation are typically done every few months in those undergoing phlebotomy. Hemochromatosis-related diseases require regular follow-up depending on their severity, as recommended by the treating doctor.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/20/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication