Hemoglobin Levels (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
What are normal hemoglobin values?
Normal hemoglobin values are related to the person's age and sex. Normal values may vary slightly between test systems, and which groups of doctors have determined "normal values" for their group of patients; however, the value ranges are close (vary by about 0.5 g/dl) for almost every group. An example of normal ranges that is widely accepted by Family Practice physicians is as follows:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/12/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Hemoglobin Levels
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemoglobin (Levels):
Hemoglobin - Results
What were the results of your hemoglobin test and what condition did it ultimately help diagnose?
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu