Hemoglobin Levels (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
What does high hemoglobin mean?
High hemoglobin levels mean that measured hemoglobin levels are above the upper limits of normal for the age and sex of the person (see above normal values). For example, a 19 year old that has a detected hemoglobin level of above 17.7 g/dl would have a high hemoglobin level. Some causes for high hemoglobin levels are as follows:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/12/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Hemoglobin Levels
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemoglobin (Levels):
Hemoglobin - Results
What were the results of your hemoglobin test and what condition did it ultimately help diagnose?
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu