Hemoglobin Levels (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
What is anemia and what are its symptoms?
Anemia is a term that means less than normal levels of red blood cells or hemoglobin in a person's blood. The term is derived from the Greek term anaimia, meaning lack of blood. The symptoms of anemia usually include some of the following symptoms:
Underlying causes that are responsible for the anemia often produce other symptoms that are more specific to the underlying cause.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/12/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Hemoglobin Levels
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemoglobin (Levels):
Hemoglobin - Results
What were the results of your hemoglobin test and what condition did it ultimately help diagnose?
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu