Viewer Comments: Hemoglobin - Results

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemoglobin (Levels):

Hemoglobin - Results

What were the results of your hemoglobin test and what condition did it ultimately help diagnose?

Comment from: Wiser, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I kept feeling like I couldn't do much and it kept getting worse. Doctor did blood test and there was no response from him. Lab didn't send test results to doctor. I assumed it as ok. Next time I saw him, he said I didn't look good. I took another blood test. Hemoglobin level was at 6. Not good at all. I entered hospital and had blood transfusion and more. After many tests, results suggested my stomach was not absorbing iron from foods. Still getting treated and hemoglobin is up to 10.8. I feel much better a year later; takes a long time.

Comment from: Taylor1, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 02

My hemoglobin level was 7.5g/dl before starting chemotherapy.

Comment from: Shampa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I am a diabetic along with being a hypertension patient. My fasting is 130 and post prandial is 200. Last month my hemoglobin was 8.4, while present month it is 7.2. Presently ferritin is 13.

Comment from: glass, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 17

My infant was diagnosed with sickle cell at birth and been on penicillin since she was 2 months. She is now a year old and has been hospitalized once and rushed to the emergency room more than five times in this year. She can't run a temperature of 99.4 or she could stop breathing on me and have a seizure. I have been looking around for a hemoglobin doctor in Arkansas, just moved here 2 months ago and nobody seems to help me. I'm worried about my baby, her hands have swelled up to where she can't crawl and toes have swollen up.

Comment from: Jill, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

I just received a low hemoglobin count of 7.6 at a health fair screening. I shared that with my doctor who called me in immediately for a full blown blood evaluation. He thought that count was a mistake since every other test came back perfectly normal. They asked me all sorts of questions but they said I look fine. He thought this was an error in the blood test result at the health fair.

Comment from: grumlow, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: July 07

My blood count hemoglobin showed a count of 21 which is low for a male. I have had a feces check and awaiting result.

Comment from: CANDICE, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

Recently, due to a bleeding ulcer, I lost a large amount of blood. I had my hemoglobin drop to 7.0 and have had it go back up to 8.2 but it has not risen above that in 6 days. I tire very easy and have no energy to do those things I normally was able to do.

Comment from: loga, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I had disc prolapse problem for more than 10 years. Now I am in medication for osteoporosis but now I have severe anemic problem also. My hemoglobin level is 4. Now I am confused as to what I do.

Comment from: sabbi a., 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 08

My hemoglobin used to be 15 in 2013, 14 in 2014 and 13 in 2015 and 12 in March 2016. It has gradually been decreasing from 15 to 12 in the last 3 years. I am taking medicine for blood pressure and prostate, and it is maintained. I have no sugar except blood urea H51, SGOT serum AST H39, creatinine H1 51, LDL 77 and LDL/HDL ratio 1.6. All other reports are excellent for the last 10 years.

Comment from: liz, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

My hemoglobin measured between 15 and 16 and is considered high by medical team.

Comment from: shyamala, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I was found to have 4.5 percentage after my hemoglobin test.

Must Read Articles Related to Hemoglobin Levels

Anemia
Anemia Anemia can be caused by many conditions and diseases such as iron deficiency, poor diet and nutrition, cancers, bone marrow problems, and more. Symptoms of anem...learn more >>
Chemotherapy
Chemotherapy Chemotherapy or "chemo" is a treatment for cancer. Depending on the type of cancer an individual has, it can cure cancer, control cancer. or ease cancer symptom...learn more >>
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a lung condition in which there is a long-lasting obstruction of the airways, and occurs with learn more >>