Viewer Comments: Hemorrhoids - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids:

Hemorrhoids - Symptoms

What are your hemorrhoid symptoms?

Comment from: Helena84, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I had my hemorrhoids under control for many years. After I had my daughter two years ago, they got worse and finally my doctor advised me the THD method, which I had in January. It really helped me. I was surprised that it didn't hurt nearly as much as I'd expected. For me the biggest advantage of this method is that you can go home the same day! With a baby at home, it would have been very hard for me to stay in the hospital longer.

Comment from: In pain, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 22

I have had hemorrhoids for over 34 years now. I've always had problems with using the toilet. Three days ago I started to get the most pain I have ever had. I didn't want to say anything to the wife, so I kept it to myself. I think I need to see a doctor now as I can't use the toilet at all.

Comment from: lara, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I have a purple lump around my anal opening, not sure at all and a pink/purple lump between my vagina and anal opening. It's not painful or sore just sensitive.

Comment from: user1012, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

Bleeding during a bowel movement and clots of blood

Comment from: Robin, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I have external bleeding.

Comment from: Do, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I discovered I had hemorrhoid 3 years ago when I was pregnant, but my doctor advised that I not use any treatment because it was going to disappear after delivery. Unfortunately my anus keeps growing to date.

Comment from: Rbaby, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have been fighting my hemorrhoids for few months now. They burn, they itch, and bleed on and off. I've been using over the counter stuff, but I drive a lot so that aggravates them.

Comment from: tweet, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 04

Symptoms of my hemorrhoids were burning pain when I sit and stand.

Comment from: hamo sufferer, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I've been suffering from external hemorrhoids for years. It's very hard for me as I have little children. Every time it's very sore I have to lie down, and lately it's been very painful when I'm driving or standing for too long.

Comment from: Zoomer, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 01

I have experienced thrombosed hemorrhoids appearing 1 to 2 days after lifting heavy objects while under stress. They are noticeable during bowel movements and very painful when walking, standing and sitting. I have had a doctor lance the hemorrhoids and push out the blood clots. It reduces the pain immediately but within months the issue returns. After surgery and following a high-fiber diet, I have seen them return.

Hemorrhoids occur to me about 1-2 times per year. Painful sensation while defecating and some pain while flexing the muscles of the anus. I have observed the occasional blood on toilet paper. I have no pain or problems outside these occurrences.

Comment from: Matthew, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I have suffered from hemorrhoids. Anytime I get a flare up I use a product called Hem-eez. It's an easy to take tablet that really gives me a lot of relief, and helps me with the hemorrhoid issue itself. I ordered my Hemeez online and within a matter of days I got fast relief. I highly recommend Hemeez for anyone who has had hemorrhoids.

Comment from: maggieJ, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 23

I have had hemorrhoids off and on for many years. I am having a serious bout for the past 5 months. The doctorsaid take pyscillium and Anusol HC suppositories. No change. There is pain on elimination and most times just a small bit of blood. Occasionally more. I am 73 years old. It is just age that I can't get rid of them this time. It used to just last for a week at a time. I am as regular as a clock - hardly finish my oatmeal/oat bran and have to go. Seldom is the stool even slightly hard - nearly always soft and not overly large in diameter.

Must Read Articles Related to Hemorrhoids

Anal Itching
Anal Itching Anal itching is a common problem experienced by both men and women. Examples of causes of anal itching include irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, or dyes in...learn more >>
Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Gastrointestinal Bleeding Gastrointestinal bleeding either comes from the upper GI or lower GI tract. Upper GI bleeding can be caused by ulcers, gastritis, varices, cancer, or inflammati...learn more >>
Postpartum Perineal Care
Postpartum Perineal Care The perineum is between the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder, and the anus. In women, the perineum includes the vaginal opening. This area ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids:

Hemorrhoids - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your hemorrhoids?