Viewer Comments: Hemorrhoids - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids:

Hemorrhoids - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your hemorrhoids?

Comment from: blues112, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 26

Back in 1993 when I was living in NYC for Internal Hemorrhoids, banding (rubber banding ligation worked fine); however, my 2nd experience with "roids" 2010-11, I had also developed External hemorrhoids in addition to internal "roids", so I will be visiting my specialist to see what he can tell about the "infernal" external hemorrhoids. Banding was performed in Nov. 2010 on the internal hemorroids discovered on a colonoscopy but I became constipated and had to strain to promote bowel movements. Diet and fiber consumption are both very important. My next appointmt is on May 2, 2011 and I will keep you roid suffers posted on what the Dr. tells me. Unfortunately, there is no Proctologist specialty where I now reside, so I have tried to keep myself current on the latest treatmt for roids.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 15

I suffered from severe Hemorrhoids from about the age of 18 until I was 29 or 30 years old. It got so bad that when I went to the bathroom, the toilet bowl was dark red from the blood. Finally I had enough and spoke to my doctor who said that I had an anal fissure. It is not the same as a hemorrhoid, but I'm betting I got mine from enduring years of hemorrhoids. My doctor recommended a kind of surgery called a "sphincterotomy." If you're bleeding a lot like I was, then talk to your doctor and find out if you have an anal fissure and go and get this quick and easy surgery. Since then I have never had a single hemorrhoid or problem down there.

Comment from: bleedingoccuring, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I have been using the Preparation H wipes for my hemorrhoids and still the bleeding occurs, so I have an appointment with a specialist coming up soon.

Must Read Articles Related to Hemorrhoids

Anal Itching
Anal Itching Anal itching is a common problem experienced by both men and women. Examples of causes of anal itching include irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, or dyes in...learn more >>
Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Gastrointestinal Bleeding Gastrointestinal bleeding either comes from the upper GI or lower GI tract. Upper GI bleeding can be caused by ulcers, gastritis, varices, cancer, or inflammati...learn more >>
Postpartum Perineal Care
Postpartum Perineal Care The perineum is between the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder, and the anus. In women, the perineum includes the vaginal opening. This area ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids:

Hemorrhoids - Symptoms

What are your hemorrhoid symptoms?