Hepatitis A (cont.)
Hepatitis A Follow-up
Follow the recommendations of the health care practitioner.
- Take it easy; get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid medicines such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) that can be harmful to the liver.
- Avoid prolonged or vigorous physical exercise until your symptoms improve.
- Call the health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or a new symptom appears.
- Be extra careful about personal hygiene and close personal contacts, especially while the person is still shedding HAV, and thus is still capable of transmitting the disease.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/17/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Hepatitis A
Hepatitis is a general term that means inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis B is caused by infection with the hepatitis B virus (HBV, Hep B). Hepatitis B is tra...learn more >>
Hepatitis C is inflammation of the liver caused by ...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis A (HAV, Hep A):