Viewer Comments: Hepatitis A - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis A (HAV, Hep A):

Hepatitis A - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hepatitis A?

Comment from: nurse, 45-54 Female Published: March 21

I started with lower back pain, fever, vomiting and headache. This progressed to severe vomiting, dehydration and weakness. My urine was dark and I had a slight jaundice to whites of my eyes.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I have hepatitis A. I have a fever, my eyes are getting yellowish and my urine is dark.

Comment from: Mohd, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 08

With hepatitis A, I had a fever for a few days as well as itchy skin all over my body.

Must Read Articles Related to Hepatitis A

Cirrhosis
Cirrhosis Cirrhosis is a scarring of the learn more >>
Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B)
Hepatitis B Hepatitis is a general term that means inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis B is caused by infection with the hepatitis B virus (HBV, Hep B). Hepatitis B is tra...learn more >>
Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C Hepatitis C is inflammation of the liver caused by ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis A (HAV, Hep A):

Hepatitis A - Treatment

What was the treatment for your hepatitis A infection?