Viewer Comments: Hepatitis B - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B):

Hepatitis B - Symptoms

What are your hepatitis B symptoms?

Comment from: first do no harm, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 15

I was a school physician. One school official is a Hepatitis B carrier. I made a formal and confidential report to the proper authority with the recommendation that the exposed (close contacts i.e. they use common dining utensils) population be required to undergo Hepatitis B screening, and vaccination for the uninfected. I learned that my recommendation was not implemented. I uphold the ethics of patient confidentiality. I now worry about the close contacts. I am no longer connected to the school. The salary of educators in that school and in my country, in general, is low and they would not prioritize vaccination unless they learn of the threat. I want to help but I do not want to endanger my license.

Comment from: mich, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I was recently diagnosed of this Hep B virus when I observed a monthly pain just below my right ribs for about a year now. I have always been faithful to my wife since we got married. I never knew either of us was carrying the virus. The major challenge now is getting a good medical doctor for the treatment pending the time a total cure will surface.

Must Read Articles Related to Hepatitis B

Hepatitis B Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment Hepatitis B is an infection of the liver caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). Hepatitis can be potentially prevented by the available hepatitis vaccines for b...learn more >>
Immunization Schedule, Adults
Immunization Schedule, Adults At least 45,000 adults in the United States die of complications of influenza, pneumococcal infections, and hepatitis B each year. These diseases, and others th...learn more >>
Immunization Schedule, Children
Immunization Schedule, Children Vaccinations are some of the most important tools available for preventing disease. Most children get all their shots during childhood. Parents should consult t...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B):

Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

Hepatitis B - Treatment

What were your hepatitis B treatment?