Viewer Comments: Hepatitis B - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B):

Hepatitis B - Symptoms

What are your hepatitis B symptoms?

Comment from: Teetee, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

So somewhere between late 2012 and early 2012, I decided to go and do general tests to see if everything was perfect in my system, a week later I received a call from the clinic and told me I have hepatitis B. At that moment I was wondering what hepatitis B was, so the doctor explained it to me. I was 19 when I found out so I went home and told my parents about it, not knowing my mum also had it so she passed it to me after birth. I did not get treated when I was born because we were in Africa. Long story short, I was very worried about my liver because my virus is extremely high. I did several blood tests, clinical trials to see if the medicine will reduce it, but after the 30 days trial my virus was still high.

Comment from: miss g., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 17

On the year 2004, supposedly I was going to Hong Kong to work there as a domestic helper but unfortunately I failed to pass my medical examination. I was diagnosed with hepatitis B. I loved to go abroad and work for my future but it didn't work out for me.

Comment from: bonde, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

I am 22 years old Ethiopian. Two years ago i was asked to donate blood to my older sister in hospital and the doctor found me that am carrier of hepatitis b virus. At the moment i didn't feel anything because i didn't know about the virus. The doctor came to me and said don't worry just refrain from taking alcohol and eating oily food. I am practicing what my doctor told me and thanks to this site.

Comment from: Zain, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 07

It's been about six years now that I tested positive for hepatitis B. However, I have not seriously fallen sick as a result. But now I have tested positive again and my blood viral node is 6846.

Comment from: andidale22, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I was about to take Cruise Ship Management this school year 2012-2013. But unfortunately, when I received the result in hepatitis b test, it was positive. I don't know where I got this. I've never experienced having sex with my boyfriend. I was so disappointed at that time. But then again, it is never the end of the world. I repeated the test in a well-known hospital. But, it came back positive again.

Comment from: darna, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

Four years ago I was going to donate a blood to my uncle but they refused my blood because they said it has a problem. They didn't tell me what it was, then after one year I applied a work but unfortunately, my blood tests reveals that I have hepatitis b.

Comment from: mimi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

Nine years ago, I had unprotected sex. Three days later, all of a sudden, I felt like my body was invaded by ants. I did several tests and nothing was discovered. Like many of you, I never knew this was a sexually transmitted disease. All I was worried about was AIDS. In 2010, when I got pregnant, I was sent for a normal pregnancy test. The test discovered that my liver function was normal, but the only symptom I've ever had was itching all over my body. I've started treatment after I had my baby. Thankfully, my husband and my baby tested negative. Sometimes, I feel like nothing is wrong with me. Thinking about my condition makes me sick. Now, I'm starting to feel pain around my ribs and I always feel sick. I don't intend to stop taking the medications until my body has cleared this forsaken virus. My doctor has assured me that the drugs I'm taking are the best on the market.

Comment from: nana, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

I was diagnosed of hepatitis b in 2009. The doctor told me not to be scared. I started feeling slight to mild and intense discomfort at my right part of my abdomen. I did a first test in 2010 and the doctor told me he suspects hepatoma. I did a 2nd and a 3rd test and the doctor they suspect a liver damage. Now the pain gets worse each day. I don't drink but I think I am unlucky with the disease because it is getting more serious each day. Currently I feel severe pains around my liver area. I am 26 years of age and from Ghana. I am just unfortunate. I don't have yellow eyes. There is no nausea and I have good appetite. I have no diarrhea, there is no vomiting and I have no fatigue.

Comment from: ctrep, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

I was applying for police when I was diagnosed as hep b patient. Because of that, I was disqualified. At first, I do not believed with their diagnosis because I don't feel any symptoms, so I underwent another screen test and it has the same result. According to the doctor, I have inactive hep b. I was so depressed over my illness knowing that it has no cure.

Must Read Articles Related to Hepatitis B

Hepatitis B Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment Hepatitis B is an infection of the liver caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). Hepatitis can be potentially prevented by the available hepatitis vaccines for b...learn more >>
Immunization Schedule, Adults
Immunization Schedule, Adults At least 45,000 adults in the United States die of complications of influenza, pneumococcal infections, and hepatitis B each year. These diseases, and others th...learn more >>
Immunization Schedule, Children
Immunization Schedule, Children Vaccinations are some of the most important tools available for preventing disease. Most children get all their shots during childhood. Parents should consult t...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B):

Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

Hepatitis B - Treatment

What were your hepatitis B treatment?