Viewer Comments: Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B):

Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

Comment from: netnet, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I was diagnosed with Hep B earlier this year. After 2 pregnancies, and having an annual HIV, STD and other sexually transmitted tests every year for the past 20 years the Hep B was missed by my family doctor at the time. Now at age 43 I'm told I have this and it has been "dormant for at least 10 years." I just recently had strep throat and am having major problems getting over it!? I'm tired all the time, have chronic fatigue, and get nauseas very easily. I'm wondering if it has become "active" and I just don't know it. I think it's time to go back to the doctor.

Comment from: Be Positive, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I have had Heb B for 23 years, I was pregnant of my first daughter and the hospital told me that I am Heb B carrier. So far, I am healthy, no symptom whatsoever. My mom is also Heb B carrier, she is 87 years old, has Alzheimer but not symptom of Heb B.

Comment from: virgo, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I was hospitalized because of vomiting and stomach pain and I found out that I have a hepatitis B. My doctor can't explain more about this virus, so I don't have any idea about hepatitis B, until I viewed this site and got some idea. Until now I don't take any medication for some reason. I am taking some advise from my friends like good diet, more fluids, vegetable, fruits and exercise, but my only concern is my partner and my kids.

Comment from: Maryam, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 04

I'm Hepatitis B carrier since I found out in 1991. Till now, I am healthy and doing the Liver Function Test (LFT) every once a year to see my liver whether function well or not. In the meantime, I continuously consume vitamin named Essential Forte to help the functionality of my liver, also I avoid to take large quantity of all sea-food as advised by my personal doctor.

Comment from: Gregory, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 01

It's about six years ago that I tested positive to hepatitis B. Even though I have not seriously fallen sick as a result, I occasionally experience feverish and fatigue. What rather beat my imagination is the fact that my fiancée who has been sick with a fever on a regular basis has tested negative to about four hepatitis B tests even though I had had unprotected sex with her.

Must Read Articles Related to Hepatitis B

Hepatitis B Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment Hepatitis B is an infection of the liver caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). Hepatitis can be potentially prevented by the available hepatitis vaccines for b...learn more >>
Immunization Schedule, Adults
Immunization Schedule, Adults At least 45,000 adults in the United States die of complications of influenza, pneumococcal infections, and hepatitis B each year. These diseases, and others th...learn more >>
Immunization Schedule, Children
Immunization Schedule, Children Vaccinations are some of the most important tools available for preventing disease. Most children get all their shots during childhood. Parents should consult t...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B):

Hepatitis B - Symptoms

What are your hepatitis B symptoms?

Hepatitis B - Treatment

What were your hepatitis B treatment?