Viewer Comments: Hepatitis B - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B):

Hepatitis B - Treatment

What were your hepatitis B treatment?

Comment from: Benjamin, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 10

I have been HBV positive for years. The doctor told me there is no treatment.

Comment from: Jem, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I was diagnosed with the HBV in 2009 after a short illness. For about 5months now, I've been having some severe pains around my ribs and my hip bones. My doctor let me have a LFT and he said my liver is normal, but I've been feeling nausea and vomiting for about two days now. I am 28yrs, married with one kid. My husband is negative but I don't know my daughter's status because I am afraid to test for her. I don't know if I can take it if she turns out positive. I have a lot of dreams I want to achieve, only if I could get enough time to do that.

Comment from: jt, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 14

I have had no symptoms and display no symptoms and feel well. My doctor told me to cut back on the alcohol and have my blood tested every three months.

Comment from: diane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I suffer with a feeling of nausea and lack of appetite, and pain under my rib cage, but on right and left sides but the left side is more painful. People are always commenting how yellow my skin looks. I suffer a lot from urinary tract infections and my bowel motions range from light colored to very soft and acidic and cause burning on passing. I just became concerned when I heard the symptoms of hepatitis b being discussed on the radio yesterday, as it all seems to tie in with how I feel.

Comment from: vlaams, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 11

I received 6 units of blood (I asked the hospital not to give me any more than 2 units) and also a dosage of insulin (which I have never taken). I found out months later when I had to have a blood test that I had hepatitis B. There was no way I could have gotten it (because my husband passed away 12 years ago) - so it was the transfusion. Apparently, the Pacific Blood Centers (formerly Irwin Memorial Blood Bank) either does not check for hep B or doesn't deem it is important enough to stop it from being transfused.

Comment from: 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 29

I had no symptoms. Hepatitis was detected through a blood test at the hospital.

Must Read Articles Related to Hepatitis B

Hepatitis B Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment Hepatitis B is an infection of the liver caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). Hepatitis can be potentially prevented by the available hepatitis vaccines for b...learn more >>
Immunization Schedule, Adults
Immunization Schedule, Adults At least 45,000 adults in the United States die of complications of influenza, pneumococcal infections, and hepatitis B each year. These diseases, and others th...learn more >>
Immunization Schedule, Children
Immunization Schedule, Children Vaccinations are some of the most important tools available for preventing disease. Most children get all their shots during childhood. Parents should consult t...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B):

Hepatitis B - Symptoms

What are your hepatitis B symptoms?

Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.