Viewer Comments: Hepatitis C - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis C:

Hepatitis C - Symptoms

What are your hepatitis C symptoms?

Comment from: Dusty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I think I contracted Hep C back in the 70s. I am now continually fatigued, have nausea and hip & joint pain. I have been told I should start treatment even though the chance of being free of Hep C is only about 20%. My husband also has Hep C and is considering the treatment, as his syptoms are much the same.

Comment from: AlyKat, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I caught Hepatitis C when I was 18 by sharing needles for intravenous drug use. I turn 32 tomorrow, and I haven't felt or seen any Hepatitis C symptoms until December 2010. I have always had yellowing in my eyes, but since December, I have been extremely fatigued all day, every day, with sleep disturbances at night. My stomach hurts every time I eat something (even if it's a very small portion or something healthy). I've been having major stomach pains accompanied sometimes with diarrhea. My stomach is so extremely bloated all the time, it looks like I'm pregnant. I get the chills on and off every day, all day, but some days/weeks are better than others. Sometimes I get low-grade fevers. I'm really scared that this is getting past the serious point. My Doctor is not good at all, and is not willing to do anything to help me.

Comment from: 3dblkmn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I found out 2 yrs ago that I acquired hepatitis C during a surgery in 1976. I am a type I with extremely high levels of infection. Results of biopsy showed "minimal to insignificant" damage to my liver.

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I am 16 soon to be 17 and I found out about a year ago that I had Hep C. I went to my doctor and had a live biopsy done my levels are very low and he said if I wanted to start the treatment I could but he did another test on me and it came back 20% chance that I'll do it for a year and it will not do anything so he thinks I should wait until I'm 18. Then I'll be able to take adult medication or I could start the inferon, but it can cause hair loss, diabetes and make u feel like crap, but since there is only a 20 percent chance of doing the treatment and it's not going to do anything I think I'll wait!

Must Read Articles Related to Hepatitis C

Cirrhosis
Cirrhosis Cirrhosis is a chronic (ongoing, long-term) disease of the liver. It means damage to the normal liver tissue that keeps this important organ from working as it ...learn more >>
Hepatitis C Medications
Current and Future Medications for Hepatitis C Inflammation of the liver caused by infection with the hepatitis C virus (HCV) is referred to as hepatitis C. There are a variety of treatments available for he...learn more >>
Fatigue
Fatigue Fatigue is a common health complaint by individuals. Fatigue is also referred to as feeling weary, tired, exhausted, lethargic, and a lack of energy. There are ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hepatitis C:

Hepatitis C - Treatment

What was the treatment for your hepatitis C?

Hepatitis C - Diagnosis

What was or has been the treatment for your hepatitis C, and was it effective?

Hepatitis C - Medication

What medications have you been prescribed to treat hepatitis C, and were they effective?