IN THIS ARTICLE
Although abdominal hernias can be present at birth, others develop later in life. Some involve pathways formed during fetal development, existing openings in the abdominal cavity, or areas of abdominal wall weakness.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/26/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Hernia
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hernia:
Hernia - Prognosis
Did you have surgery for your hernia, and what was the prognosis?
Hernia - Symptoms
For hernia, what were the symptoms you experienced?
Hernia - Surgery
Did you have surgery to repair your hernia?
Hernia - Treatment
What was the treatment for your Hernia?
- What You Should Know Before You Have Surgery
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Are Generics Just As Good?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication