Hernia FAQs (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
What causes a hernia?
Weakness in the abdominal wall may have been present since birth. But this weakness may not cause problems until later in life.
Hernias have other causes:
Some conditions may increase the pressure against the abdominal cavity and cause a muscle to tear and a hernia to form or make a hernia worse:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/20/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Hernia FAQs
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hernia FAQ:
Hernia FAQ - Complications
Did you experience any hernia complications?
Hernia FAQ - Symptoms and Signs
What were your hernia symptoms and signs?
- What You Should Know Before You Have Surgery
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Are Generics Just As Good?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication