Viewer Comments: Hiatal Hernia - Self-Care and Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hiatal Hernia:

Hiatal Hernia - Self-Care and Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your hiatal hernia?

Comment from: 13-18 Female Published: December 21

I have a hiatal hernia. I'm not sure which kind, I think fixed, although I have a lot of constant pressure in the very center of my chest. It causes breathing difficulties. My deep breaths are very shallow, and I sometimes find it hard to breathe. The pressure causes pain, such pain that it sometimes makes me cry. It took them maybe six months to find my problem, they told me it was anxiety, but after an endoscopy they found it. It affects me constantly and I came online to find answers.

Must Read Articles Related to Hiatal Hernia

Acid Reflux (GERD)
Acid Reflux Disease (GERD) Acid reflux (GERD) is caused by acid backing up from the stomach. Causes of acid reflux include smoking, obesity, alcohol, medications, diet, and other medical ...learn more >>
Barium Swallow
Barium Swallow Barium swallow is a test used to determine causes of painful or difficulty swallowing, and diseases such as GERD, hiatal hernia, ulcers, dysphagia, tumors, or p...learn more >>
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) FAQs
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) FAQs Acid reflux (GERD) is caused by lifestyle factors (alcohol, obesity), medication, diet, medical conditions, and eating habits. Symptoms of acid reflux (GERD) in...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hiatal Hernia:

Hiatal Hernia - Symptoms

What are your hiatal hernia symptoms?