IN THIS ARTICLE
What is the medical treatment for hiccups?
Patient Comments Read 20 Comments
Treatment for getting rid of the hiccups depends on how severe the hiccups are.
What is the outlook for a person who has the hiccups?
In healthy people, hiccups usually go away by themselves with no serious effects after that. If hiccups continue, however, they may cause social embarrassment and distress, and if prolonged may result in speech, eating, and sleeping disorders.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/19/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Hiccups
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hiccups:
Hiccups - Home Remedies
What home remedies do you try to get rid of the hiccups?
Hiccups - Experience
Please describe your experience with hiccups.
Hiccups - Treatment
What treatments were effective for your hiccups?
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication