Viewer Comments: Hiccups - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hiccups:

Hiccups - Treatment

What treatments were effective for your hiccups?

Comment from: pj, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 18

I had the hiccups for over an hour and after reading the info on holding your breath{which was one minute for me} it did the trick,thank God.

Comment from: Poiboy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 15

I take a glass of really ice cold water and let it slide down the back of my throat and tongue really slow and repeat over and over, but the hiccupping usual stops within a few swallows.

Comment from: me in me, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I was looking for a way to stop my hiccups and thought I would try pulling my tongue. I just couldn't believe it when they stopped instantly. Cool.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hiccups:

Hiccups - Experience

Please describe your experience with hiccups.

Hiccups - Home Remedies

What home remedies do you try to get rid of the hiccups?