Viewer Comments: Hiccups - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hiccups:

Hiccups - Experience

Please describe your experience with hiccups.

Comment from: Jonas, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I have had them all day long with a few breaks. I have tried all the home remedies but as soon as I cough, they come back.

Comment from: Felicia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

I do not have chronic hiccups I was just wondering why when I start to eat or drink I get one big hiccup that really hurts from my neck to the top portion of my chest. It is so painful that it is difficult to catch my breath at first. Then afterwards my chest hurts for hours...I finally took Tylenol and that helped for a short time.

Comment from: Judkah, 45-54 Female Published: February 09

I get hiccups sometimes several times a day. I usually take my breath in as far as I can, plug my nose and inhale one more "inch". Holding the breath through what would have been 1 or 2 hiccups. This almost always works for me, but I plan on trying the tongue pull next time.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hiccups:

Hiccups - Home Remedies

What home remedies do you try to get rid of the hiccups?

Hiccups - Treatment

What treatments were effective for your hiccups?