High-Risk Sexual Behavior
Examples of high-risk sexual behavior include:
- Unprotected intercourse without male or female condom use, except in a long-term, single-partner (monogamous) relationship.
- Unprotected mouth-to-genital contact, except in a long-term monogamous relationship.
- Early sexual activity, especially before age 18.
- Having multiple sex partners.
- Having a high-risk partner (one who has multiple sex partners or other risk factors).
- Having anal sex or a partner who does, except in a long-term, single-partner (monogamous) relationship.
- Having sex with a partner who injects or has ever injected drugs.
- Exchange of sex (sex work) for drugs or money.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||November 23, 2011|