Viewer Comments: High Blood Pressure - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about High Blood Pressure:

High Blood Pressure - Experience

Please describe your experience with high blood pressure.

Comment from: Ricky, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 23

I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. I was stunned to say the least. Mine doesn't stay regulated very well. One day it will be 120 over 80. The next day it may be 165 over 110. I've always tried to take care of myself. I was also diagnosed with depression issues and panic attacks. It seems they all tie into each other. Is that possible? When it goes up I get all scatter brained and my anxiety kicks in after a couple of up and down days. I take my meds right on time every day. I don't know what more I can do.

Must Read Articles Related to High Blood Pressure

Angina
Angina Pectoris Angina pectoris is a term to describe chest pain that occurs when the heart is not getting enough blood. There are two types of angina, stable (the most common)...learn more >>
Aortic Aneurysm
Aortic Aneurysm An aortic aneuyrsm is a medical emergency. Abnormal enlargement or buldging of the aorta becomes an aortic aneurysm when this area becoms weakened. Common cause...learn more >>
Atrial Fibrillation (A Fib)
Atrial Fibrillation Atrial fibrillation (A fib) describes a rapid, irregular heart rhythm. The irregular rhythm, or arrhythmia, results from abnormal electrical impulses in the hea...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about High Blood Pressure:

High Blood Pressure - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your high blood pressure?

High Blood Pressure - Diagnosis

How was your high blood pressure diagnosed?

High Blood Pressure - Medications

Please share medications for your high blood pressure?