High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia) (cont.)
- Learn about managing diabetes.
- Work with a certified diabetes educator. This person will have a CDE
certification and may work in a diabetes education center or hospital.
- Check blood sugar as directed by a CDE and doctor or nurse.
- Know the symptoms and act quickly before blood sugars get out of control.
- Follow a diabetes diet plan. Adjust the plan as needed.
- Take medications for diabetes as directed by your healthcare
Must Read Articles Related to High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia)
Diabetic Eye Disease
Diabetic eye disease is a complication from diabetes. Types of diabetic eye disease include background diabetic retinopathy, nonproliferative diabetic retinopat...learn more >>
Diabetic Foot Care
Read about diabetic foot care. Causes of foot problems in people with diabetes include footwear, nerve damage, poor circulation, trauma, infections, and smoking...learn more >>
Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) occurs when a person with diabetes becomes dehydrated. Causes of diabetic ketoacidosis include infection, missed insulin, or newly d...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia):