Viewer Comments: Hip Pain - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain:

Hip Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your hip pain?

Comment from: mfragale, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 27

My boyfriend has been suffering from hip pain for two years. I have told him to get it checked out but he won't listen. I am in the medical field and I work in a doctor's office. He complains of his hip feeling like a sprain and there is a catch in his hip. He is an active person meaning he goes to the gym and hikes and bikes on the weekend. He has tried over the counter medications with rest, ice and heat but it's not getting better for him. I am worried that he has bursitis and tendinitis along with arthritis.

Comment from: monroehurt, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 12

I lifted a box from the side of my body. I immediately heard something crack and I felt acute pain in the center upper hip area of my back. My range of motion is extremely limited in bending over and lifting legs off the floor from the back.

Comment from: Stor-Erik, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 06

While on my bicycle I was hit from behind by a motorcycle and landed on my right hip and shoulder. There was instant pain in the right hip. I was sure I had something broken in the hip area, and were taken to a hospital fairly quickly. Many-X-rays were taken as the doctors didn't agree about the extent of the damage. Finally I was told that no fractures could be found, and I could go home.

Comment from: Rosaria, Published: November 17

I have been suffering with hip and knee pain which causes sleepless nights, difficulty walking after sitting, climbing stairs and having no effect from pain killers. Have just been to see physiologist and I have been told that the pain is due to one leg being slightly longer than the other.

Comment from: Jeannie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

My hip pain starts around 4 in the morning. Once I get up out of bed it goes away. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is about a 3, but it's enough to wake me up. It has been 8 weeks now. I did see a doctor. He told me to take Advil every night and stretch every day. I do not like taking medicine so I have not taken this.

Comment from: Jan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

My hip pain started from bike riding. The pain went from my left hip to my groin to start and now my whole left leg, knee and foot are in pain, day and night.

Published: June 28

My hip pain was caused by a fracture to the ball joint in my hip.

Published: June 15

Severe osteoarthritis is the cause of my hip pain!

Comment from: Thenley24, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 16

I woke up about ten days ago with right lateral hip pain that extends down the front of my thigh ending up on the top of my knee. I've had a round of Prednisone and a week of physical therapy with little improvement. I was told it was a pinched sciatic nerve at the sacroiliac joint. I'm still not able to walk because of pain in leg. Lying is the only semi comfortable position. Are there any other possible diagnosis

Comment from: kelly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I have osteoarthritis and bone degenerative disease, which is causing me to have problems with my hips, knees, and shoulders.

Comment from: lifescence, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 05

My hip has worn out and I am awaiting surgery for hip replacement.

Comment from: deborah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I believe the cause of my hip pain was cycling. I have hip pain radiating from my groin area, which has been going on for more than a year.

Must Read Articles Related to Hip Pain

Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, ...learn more >>
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Minimally invasive hip replacement is surgery performed with smaller incisions, which reduces the trauma to the tissue, reduces pain, and shortens recovery time...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain:

Hip Pain - Treatment

What was effective in treating your hip pain?

Hip Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with hip pain.