Viewer Comments: Hip Pain - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain:

Hip Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your hip pain?

Comment from: cw, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I was digging flower beds in the back yard.

Comment from: Nana T, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I lifted a box that was too heavy, now I have extreme pain in my front left hip/abdomen area which is now getting worse and is causing me to limp.

Comment from: 65-74 Female Published: March 19

Dog jumped on me and I fell in street hurting my middle back and both hips. Now I have chronic pain.

Comment from: ms. jones, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

My hip pain was caused when I was at work and tripped over a stool.

Comment from: ctd, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I am 55 years old and have worked very physical work all of my life. I am experiencing a tingling, burning sensation in my outer right hip area. This has gone on for several months. There have been times when I felt like something was there that didn't belong there, like an obstruction. I am uninsured so it makes it difficult to get medical attention. It is not affordable to me.

Comment from: Violina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

We had a really great snowfall (rare in our area) and I was out cross-country skiing every other day for an hour or more. (I'm 60.)The pain in both hips began during that and it is difficult to walk up stairs. Had done a fair amount of side stepping up hills and think I strained them. Snow is melting and I'm taking a rest as advised by these articles and also on ibuprofen. We'll see how it goes.

Comment from: mfragale, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 27

My boyfriend has been suffering from hip pain for two years. I have told him to get it checked out but he won't listen. I am in the medical field and I work in a doctor's office. He complains of his hip feeling like a sprain and there is a catch in his hip. He is an active person meaning he goes to the gym and hikes and bikes on the weekend. He has tried over the counter medications with rest, ice and heat but it's not getting better for him. I am worried that he has bursitis and tendinitis along with arthritis.

Comment from: monroehurt, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 12

I lifted a box from the side of my body. I immediately heard something crack and I felt acute pain in the center upper hip area of my back. My range of motion is extremely limited in bending over and lifting legs off the floor from the back.

Comment from: Stor-Erik, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 06

While on my bicycle I was hit from behind by a motorcycle and landed on my right hip and shoulder. There was instant pain in the right hip. I was sure I had something broken in the hip area, and were taken to a hospital fairly quickly. Many-X-rays were taken as the doctors didn't agree about the extent of the damage. Finally I was told that no fractures could be found, and I could go home.

Comment from: Rosaria, Published: November 17

I have been suffering with hip and knee pain which causes sleepless nights, difficulty walking after sitting, climbing stairs and having no effect from pain killers. Have just been to see physiologist and I have been told that the pain is due to one leg being slightly longer than the other.

Comment from: Jeannie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

My hip pain starts around 4 in the morning. Once I get up out of bed it goes away. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is about a 3, but it's enough to wake me up. It has been 8 weeks now. I did see a doctor. He told me to take Advil every night and stretch every day. I do not like taking medicine so I have not taken this.

Must Read Articles Related to Hip Pain

Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, ...learn more >>
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Minimally invasive hip replacement is surgery performed with smaller incisions, which reduces the trauma to the tissue, reduces pain, and shortens recovery time...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain:

Hip Pain - Treatment

What was effective in treating your hip pain?

Hip Pain - Symptoms

When you had hip pain, did you experience any related symptoms?

Hip Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with hip pain.