Viewer Comments: Hip Pain - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain:

Hip Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your hip pain?

Comment from: deborah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I believe the cause of my hip pain was cycling. I have hip pain radiating from my groin area, which has been going on for more than a year.

Comment from: Kooch, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

Bursitis in both hips. I had a hemi-hip replacement 4 years ago in my left hip due to a bad fall. This episode of bursitis was brought on from standing 6-7 hours a day at work.

Comment from: writer, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 09

My hip pain has been diagnosed as tendonitis along with osteoarthritis, the tendonitis brought on by bowling. I understand that it is rare to have tendonitis in the hip. I experience severe pain whenever I attempt to sleep in a lying position.

Comment from: Male Published: October 21

At the age of 13 I had severe pain in the hip at night. Got native treatment for one year. after that admitted to a government hospital and diognised as bone tb, treated for two years by inserting nail through knee and putting sand bag weight and later a nail into the below the knee. After fully cured sent home. After that my socket ball of the hip joint of the leg decayed and came out as a puss. And was treated and cured my left leg got short by 3". Now I am 73 years old and getting pain in the hip while walking.

Comment from: dylansgrams, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I don't know what is causing my hip pain but the info on here was very helpful. I have been to an orthopedist ad have had x-rays and bone scan and still doctor says he finds nothing wrong but I am still in more pain than giving birth, he says take Advil, I have taken every over the counter drug there is.

Must Read Articles Related to Hip Pain

Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, ...learn more >>
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Minimally invasive hip replacement is surgery performed with smaller incisions, which reduces the trauma to the tissue, reduces pain, and shortens recovery time...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain:

Hip Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with hip pain.

Hip Pain - Treatment

What was effective in treating your hip pain?