Viewer Comments: Hip Pain - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain:

Hip Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your hip pain?

Comment from: luckyshaner, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have been a CNA Home Health Aide 42 years. The wear and tear over the years in doing my job has contributed to the cause of my hip problem. I am up at night with pain that radiates down my leg.

Comment from: Hannah Mac, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

My hip pain originates from an injury sustained when I was taking my very energetic dog walking through sand dunes. He unintentionally ran into the back of me, hitting my knee. It somehow jerked my pelvis. I thought first of all that my pelvis was twisted, however, during the past 10 days the pain has moved into the hip area. The pain is now located in the lower left hand side of the butt near the top of left leg.

Comment from: Female Published: February 14

I fell over a piece of low furniture and my right leg came across and up the left hand side of my body when I heard my right ball joint click. I now find it painful to walk normally and I think it is now causing me to walk over heavily on the outside of my left foot. I am sure the injury is causing my right top leg to push in against my left leg which is causing me to walk over on the left foot and I can feel the outside left foot is very sore now.

Comment from: Artmist, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

Car accident. The impact cause a herniated disk and narrowing space in my hip joint which has caused arthritis.

I was in town when the pain hit me in the hip. I was sitting in my car. I had to get out of my car when the pain hit me. When I got home the pain got worse. I could not walk or sit. When I went to bed I had to sleep on my back. When I got up the next day there was no more pain I was sore now for two days in my back, hip and my left leg.

Comment from: wswjpw, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

I have fibromyalgia and for the past 6 months or so, I awake with severe pain in my left hip that radiates to the knee. I sleep mostly on my left side and I awake in pain. It takes about an hour for the narcotic pain killers to kick in. By the way, the pain killers are for the nerve damage caused by thoracic outlet syndrome.

Comment from: cw, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I was digging flower beds in the back yard.

Comment from: Nana T, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I lifted a box that was too heavy, now I have extreme pain in my front left hip/abdomen area which is now getting worse and is causing me to limp.

Comment from: 65-74 Female Published: March 19

Dog jumped on me and I fell in street hurting my middle back and both hips. Now I have chronic pain.

Comment from: ms. jones, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

My hip pain was caused when I was at work and tripped over a stool.

Comment from: ctd, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I am 55 years old and have worked very physical work all of my life. I am experiencing a tingling, burning sensation in my outer right hip area. This has gone on for several months. There have been times when I felt like something was there that didn't belong there, like an obstruction. I am uninsured so it makes it difficult to get medical attention. It is not affordable to me.

Comment from: Violina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

We had a really great snowfall (rare in our area) and I was out cross-country skiing every other day for an hour or more. (I'm 60.)The pain in both hips began during that and it is difficult to walk up stairs. Had done a fair amount of side stepping up hills and think I strained them. Snow is melting and I'm taking a rest as advised by these articles and also on ibuprofen. We'll see how it goes.

Must Read Articles Related to Hip Pain

Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, ...learn more >>
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Minimally invasive hip replacement is surgery performed with smaller incisions, which reduces the trauma to the tissue, reduces pain, and shortens recovery time...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain:

Hip Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with hip pain.

Hip Pain - Treatment

What was effective in treating your hip pain?