HIV Testing Topic Guide
HIV Testing: Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is the virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). HIV destroys the body's immune system and leads to AIDS. The Western blot and ELISA are the two types of tests most commonly used to detect HIV infection. There are also at-home HIV tests.
Must Read Articles:
Rapid Oral HIV Test Getting tested for HIV is now easier. On March 26, 2004, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a new HIV test, one that can be done without a blood test.
Expert Views and News
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths About HIV and AIDS
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu