IN THIS ARTICLE
People with HIV infection should be under the care of a physician who is experienced in treating the infection. All people with HIV should be counseled about avoiding the spread of the disease. Infected individuals are also educated about the disease process, and attempts are made to improve the quality of their life.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/5/2014
Must Read Articles Related to HIV/AIDS
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about HIV/AIDS:
HIV/AIDS - Diagnosis
How was your HIV/AIDS diagnosed?
HIV - Prevention
What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting a HIV?
HIV/AIDS - Treatments
What treatments have effectively managed your HIV/AIDS infection?
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths and Misconceptions About HIV and AIDS
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?