Home Pregnancy Test (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
The accuracy of the home pregnancy test depends on how well you follow the instructions and interpret the results. If you mishandle or misunderstand the test kit, you may get the wrong results.
You may be testing yourself too early in your cycle. So, you could be pregnant but not yet producing enough hCG to show up on the home use test. This could be a particular problem if you have irregular periods or miscalculate the date of your last period.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/23/2014
Omnia M Samra, MD
Bryan D Cowan, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Lee P Shulman, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Home Pregnancy Test
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Home Pregnancy Test:
Home Pregnancy Test - Results
Were the results of your home pregnancy test accurate?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?