Home Pregnancy Test (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
If your period is late and you suspect you may be pregnant, wait 7-10 days before trying the home pregnancy test. If the test is negative, wait a few more days. If you still don't menstruate, try the test again. If you still test negative and your periods do not return to normal, see your health care provider.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/23/2014
Omnia M Samra, MD
Bryan D Cowan, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Lee P Shulman, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Home Pregnancy Test
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Home Pregnancy Test:
Home Pregnancy Test - Results
Were the results of your home pregnancy test accurate?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?