Hot Flashes and Menopause (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Hot Flashes Symptoms
Patient Comment Read 1 Comment
Hot flashes often begin before any menstrual changes suggestive of menopause develop, so hot flashes may appear even years prior to the actual menopause. Hot flashes always involve the sensation of heat, but other symptoms may also be associated as follows:
The symptoms of a hot flash typically develop suddenly, without warning, and last from less than one minute to several minutes.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/23/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Hot Flashes and Menopause
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hot Flashes:
Hot Flashes - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with your hot flashes?
Hot Flashes - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with Hot Flashes.
Women's Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Personalized Tips for Dealing With Breast Cancer
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?