How to Use a Condom
How to Use a Condom Overview
Among the many barrier methods of birth control, the condom for men is used most often. Both male and female condoms are reviewed here. Condoms are inexpensive and available in many convenient locations, without a doctor's prescription. In addition to preventing pregnancy, if used properly, a condom may also protect users from infecting a sex partner with a sexually transmitted disease.
Although no form of birth control is 100% effective, the condom can be quite effective if it is put on correctly.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/11/2014
Omnia M Samra, MD
Must Read Articles Related to How to Use a Condom
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?