How to Use a Condom (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
The failure rate of condoms in couples who use them consistently and correctly during the first year of use is estimated to be about 3%. However, the true failure rate is estimated to be about 14% during the first year of typical use. This marked difference of failure rates reflects errors in how they are used.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/11/2014
Omnia M Samra, MD
Must Read Articles Related to How to Use a Condom
Women's Health Resources
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Birth Control and Insurance FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair