What other names is Hydrazine Sulfate known by?
Sehydrin, Sulfate d'Hydrazine, Sulfato de Hidracina.
What is Hydrazine Sulfate?
Hydrazine sulfate is a chemical used in industry and as jet fuel. Some people use it as medicine.
Hydrazine sulfate is used for treating colon
and rectal (colorectal
, lung cancer
, brain cancer
(neuroblastoma), Hodgkin's disease
), and other cancers. It is also used for the general weight loss
and wasting (cachexia) associated with cancer
Possibly Ineffective for...
Likely Ineffective for...
- Lung cancer. Adding hydrazine sulfate to chemotherapy doesn't significantly improve quality of life, tumor response, weight gain, or survival in most people with a type of lung cancer called non-small-cell lung cancer.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Brain tumor: Taking hydrazine sulfate along with chemotherapy may improve nerve-related symptoms in people with brain cancer. It may also help reduce the size of tumors in people with a specific type of brain cancer called glioblastoma.
- General weight loss and wasting associated with cancer. Early research suggests that hydrazine sulfate might slow weight loss in some cancer patients.
- Hodgkin's disease (lymph cancer). Some research suggests that hydrazine sulfate might slow the progress of advanced Hodgkin's disease.
- Nerve cancer (neuroblastoma). There is some evidence that hydrazine sulfate might prevent the growth of neuroblastoma.
- Other conditions.
More evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness of hydrazine sulfate for these uses.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.