Viewer Comments: Hyperthyroidism - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hyperthyroidism:

Hyperthyroidism - Treatment

What Symptoms did you experience with hyperthyroidism?

Comment from: 13-18 Female Published: January 15

I've been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism for over four years now. I am currently 16. I'm always very weak and tired to the point where I don't feel like going to school. I lose a lot of hair, and I always have a fast heart rate as well as trembling hands.

Comment from: Val, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

I have hypothyroidism and started feeling like I aged 20 years in a few months. My blood results showed my T4 level was too high. The symptoms were no energy, blurry vision, hot flashes, peeling skin on my palms and heels, and stiff muscles and joint pain in my knuckles, knees, ankles, wrists and shoulders. I felt really weak and my dexterity was terrible. My doctor reduced my Synthroid last week. It could be weeks before I see relief.

Published: April 30

I have diarrhea, gritty eyes, rapid heartbeat, aches and pains all over my body, hair loss, anxiety, depression, itchy, eye pain, breathing problems, no energy, lack of focus, pain in hands, feet, and legs. Trust me this is one disease you don't want!

Must Read Articles Related to Hyperthyroidism

Thyroid Facts
Thyroid FAQs The thyroid gland is part of the endocrine (hormone) system. The thyroid gland produces two hormones, thyroxine (T4) and tri-iodothyronine (T3). Diseases of the...learn more >>
Thyroid Medications
Thyroid Medications Thyroid medications treat diseases of the thyroid, including hyperthyroidism (such as Graves' disease), hypothyroidism, thyroid disorders in pregnancy, post-par...learn more >>
Thyroid Nodules
Thyroid Nodules Thyroid nodules are lumps that are either solid or fluid-filled. Thyroid nodules may be benign or malignant (cancerous). Thyroid nodules may be caused by goiter...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hyperthyroidism:

Hyperthyroidism - Experience

Please describe your experience with hyperthyroidism.

Hyperthyroidism - Symptoms

For hyperthyroidism, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?