Viewer Comments: Hyperventilation - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hyperventilation:

Hyperventilation - Causes

What were the causes of your hyperventilation?

Comment from: PISCES, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I thought that I was having a stroke. I started to get numbness in my toes on one foot than the other. I also started to get numbness around my mouth. I was told afterwards at the hospital this was due to a side effect of my medication. I was also handed some information about hyperventilation.

Must Read Articles Related to Hyperventilation

Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include vasovagal, situational, postural, cardiac, neurologic, and psychogenic. Tr...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hyperventilation:

Hyperventilation - Causes

What was the cause of your hyperventilation?