Viewer Comments: Hyperventilation - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hyperventilation:

Hyperventilation - Causes

What was the cause of your hyperventilation?

Comment from: klh57, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

I was overheated. I was kneeling in a chapel and praying for 20 minutes - and felt extremely dizzy and nauseated when I got up to leave. I then started hyperventilating - resulting in contraction of my fingers, arms, and tongue and throat.

Comment from: missy99, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

When walking I start to hyperventilate. I have Grave's disease, atrial fibrillation, and panic disorder. I wish I knew how to control this.

Must Read Articles Related to Hyperventilation

Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include vasovagal, situational, postural, cardiac, neurologic, and psychogenic. Tr...learn more >>