IN THIS ARTICLE
A loss of function of the pituitary gland or hypothalamus results in low or absent hormones. Tumors can cause damage to the pituitary gland or hypothalamus and can therefore result in a loss of function. Damage to the pituitary gland can also be caused by radiation, surgery, infections (eg, meningitis), or various other conditions. In some cases, the cause is unknown.
James R Mulinda, MD, FACP, FACE
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Hypopituitary
Women's Health Resources
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair