Image Collection: Medical Illustrations
- All (560)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
46. Picture of Anus
The anus is the one and a half inch long circular ring of tissue that leads from the latter part of the rectum to the outside. Feces pass through the intestines and leave the body via the anus. The anus is connected to the last part of the large intestine, the rectum.
Text Reference: "Anal Cancer." American Cancer Society.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Tummy Troubles a Sign of Uveitis?
- What is Castleman Disease?
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation