Image Collection: Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
53. Picture of Appendix 2
Appendix: The appendix is a closed-ended, narrow, worm-like tube up to several inches in length that attaches to the cecum (the first part of the colon). (The anatomical name for the appendix, vermiform appendix, means worm-like appendage.) The wall of the appendix contains lymphatic tissue that is part of the immune system that makes antibodies.
Text: MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Creating a Crohn's Disease Diet Plan