Image Collection: Allergic Skin Disorders
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
5. Picture of Atopic Dermatitis or Eczema
Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition. There are many different kinds of eczema, but the most common type is atopic dermatitis. Heredity plays a very big role in determining who is affected by atopic dermatitis. People who have the condition are much more likely to develop other atopic disorders, including allergies and asthma, compared to those who do not have eczema.
Sometimes, eczema develops in infancy, and the condition resolves before the child reaches school age. For others, eczema is a lifelong, chronic condition that must be managed.
Text Reference: "Eczema." National Eczema Association.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Skin Problems and Treatments Resources
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication