Image Collection: Allergic Skin Disorders
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
5. Picture of Atopic Dermatitis or Eczema
Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition. There are many different kinds of eczema, but the most common type is atopic dermatitis. Heredity plays a very big role in determining who is affected by atopic dermatitis. People who have the condition are much more likely to develop other atopic disorders, including allergies and asthma, compared to those who do not have eczema.
Sometimes, eczema develops in infancy, and the condition resolves before the child reaches school age. For others, eczema is a lifelong, chronic condition that must be managed.
Text Reference: "Eczema." National Eczema Association.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories: