Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
9. Picture of Basal Cell Carcinoma (Advanced Nodular BCC)
This nodular basal cell carcinoma is a more advanced form of this common skin cancer. The one visible in the picture shows widened, or telangiectatic, blood vessels on a portion of the nose called the ala nasi. The cancer appears in a background of skin that has sun damage (dermatoheliosis).
Text Reference: "Basal Cell Carcinoma: Signs and Symptoms." American Academy of Dermatology.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- What Happens in the Operating Room?
- Treatment Options for Metastatic Melanoma
- Living Well With Lung Cancer