Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
10. Picture of Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome
Basal cell nevus syndrome, or Gorlin syndrome, is an uncommon congenital condition that causes people to develop many basal cell cancers over the course of their lifetime. The condition is also associated with defects of the bones, nervous tissue, and eyes. Basal cell cancers may develop as early as childhood or in the teens. The picture shows a child with multiple basal cell carcinomas on the neck.
Text Reference: "Skin Cancer: Basal and Squamous Cell." American Cancer Society.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- Is My NSCLC Immunotherapy Working?