Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
10. Picture of Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome
Basal cell nevus syndrome, or Gorlin syndrome, is an uncommon congenital condition that causes people to develop many basal cell cancers over the course of their lifetime. The condition is also associated with defects of the bones, nervous tissue, and eyes. Basal cell cancers may develop as early as childhood or in the teens. The picture shows a child with multiple basal cell carcinomas on the neck.
Text Reference: "Skin Cancer: Basal and Squamous Cell." American Cancer Society.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication