Image Collection: Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
33. Picture of Blood Clot
Blood clots: Blood that has been converted from a liquid to a solid state. Also called a thrombus.
The process by which a blood clot forms is termed coagulation. A blood clot, or thrombus, is stationary within a vessel or the heart. If it moves from that location through the bloodstream, it is referred to as an embolus.
Text: MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories: