Image Collection: Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
34. Picture of Bronchioles
Bronchiole: A tiny tube in the air conduit system within the lungs that is a continuation of the bronchi and connects to the alveoli (the air sacs) where oxygen exchange occurs. Bronchiole is the diminutive of bronchus, from the word bronchos by which the Greeks referred to the conduits to the lungs.
Bronchiolitis is inflammation of the bronchioles and is most commonly due to viral infections.
Text: MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Lung Disease/COPD Resources
- 10 Symptoms of a COPD Flare-Up
- Are You At Risk for COPD?
- How To Handle Lung Cancer Treatment Side Effects