Image Collection: Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
92. Picture of Bronchitis
Acute bronchitis is an infection of the bronchial tubes, the large airways of the lungs, that are necessary for respiration. When the airways are inflamed, they produce phlegm and mucus. Symptoms of acute bronchitis may include cough, fever, shortness of breath, wheezing, sore throat, and chills. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a virus, although sometimes a bacterial infection may be the cause.
Text Reference: "Acute Bronchitis." American Academy of Family Physicians.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Lung Disease/COPD Resources
- 10 Symptoms of a COPD Flare-Up
- Are You At Risk for COPD?
- How To Handle Lung Cancer Treatment Side Effects