Image Collection: Oral Health
- All (557)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
5. Picture of Composite Fillings
Existing fillings sometimes need to be replaced due to wear, chipping, or cracking. Many people use this opportunity to replace silver amalgam fillings with tooth-colored composites. Their reasons may be aesthetic or concern about amalgam fillings, which contain mercury. The American Dental Association asserts that the mercury in amalgam combines with other metals to render it safe for use in filling teeth.
Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Image Source: American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry / aacd.com.
Text: "Dental Health and Tooth Fillings", WebMD Medical Reference
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
Oral Health Resources
- What to Do About Teeth Grinding
- Eww! What's Living In Your Mouth?
- How to Spot the Signs of Gum Disease